Monday, 4 July 2016

FPS Tech Demo

I create a short level in the Unity3D game engine in order to test and experiment with first person shooter elements within the engine. The objective of the level is simply to enter the vault the room. The vault door is guarded by two turrets therefore the user will have to destroy the turrets before attempting to exit the room. 

To achieve this task the user has been given a firearm however the chamber of the firearm is empty. The user has to scrounge the area for ammunition whilst avoiding the laser detection of the turrets. The amount of ammunition in the scene is randomised therefore be sparring with your ammo and only fire when you think you have a clear shot. Wasted ammunition could leave you lacking a result in your death. 

As I have mentioned before this is just a demo and therefore do not be shocked to find bugs and/or missing features. I will look to keep adding to the project and expand upon it in the near future.


Download Demo! - (Old Build)

Download Latest Build

The enemies in the demo are automated line of sight turrets which activate once the user has entered the turrets range of fire. Once the turret has detected movement within range it will unravel into a hostile position. Whilst hostile the turret will rotate, scanning for the player, and begin to fire once the player enters it's line of sight. 

Check out the animations attached to the turret in the link provided directly below...


Turret Animations


Check out the turret triggers in action to devastating results in the link provided directly below...

Turret Activation Triggers 


I have recently revamped my player animations to look more realistic and professional. I recreated the four animations I previously used (fists, punching, aiming a weapon and reloading a weapon) to look more polished and added an additional animation for firing the weapon. I added this animation to give the player feedback that the weapon has been fired.

Check out the short video below to see the updated animations in action...

Character Animations


No comments:

Post a Comment